Finally, the time has arrived! I watched the movie, Finding Dory last Friday and it was an unforgettable adventure. I have always loved watching animated movies, especially Disney movies because they hold a very special place in my heart since my childhood! ❤
Dory is a wide-eyed, blue tang fish who suffers from memory loss every 10 seconds or so. The one thing she can remember is that she somehow became separated from her parents as a child. With help from her friends Nemo and Marlin, Dory embarks on an epic adventure to find them. Her journey brings her to the Marine Life Institute, a conservatory that houses diverse ocean species. Dory now knows that her family reunion will only happen if she can save mom and dad from captivity.
The whole movie was an emotional journey for me. In the past, as most of you would remember, it was Nemo who got lost. However, this time, it isn’t Nemo but Dory who gets lost in pursuit of finding her family by regaining her memories from the past. During her adventure, she also connects with a friend from the past named Destiny. (But, Dory doesn’t remember her friend because of her short-term memory loss.)
I did cry during few parts of the movie, especially at the end of it. Believe it or not, there are so many life lessons that I’ve learned from watching this movie:
1. Firstly, the importance of family and friends. During your worst or best times, it’s always a good idea to have a support system with you, which of course, is your family and friends.
2. Secondly, never give up on what you love. It is ultimately Dory’s love for her parents that motivated her to go in search of them.
3. Thirdly, there’s always a path to guide you in the right direction. As Dory says, just keep swimming. Don’t get disheartened if you don’t find a solution to your problem right away, give it time and good things will come to you.
4. The effect of harsh words. When Marlin tells Dory that, “Forgetting is what you do best.” Dory takes it to her heart and moves away from the scene as quickly as possible which further leads to trouble. Hence, always be careful of what you speak.
5. Last but not the least, there’s no place like home.
It doesn’t matter how young or old you are, I’m sure you’ll enjoy watching this movie!
What’s your favorite part of the movie? Let me know in the comments section below. 🙂