Hi, everyone! 🙂
I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award yet again.
Before I start, I would like to thank mayathebookexplorer for the nomination. She posts great book reviews and tags. Do visit her blog! 😀
- Post the award on your blog.
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer 11 questions that have been assigned to you.
- Nominate 11 deserving bloggers for the award.
- Ask 11 questions to your nominees.
Answers to Maya’s questions:
- When did you know you should start your own blog?
I had been contemplating the idea of starting my own blog for a very long time. However, it was only a few months ago that I got the confidence to start ‘The Jouska’.
- What do you look at first: the book cover or the blurb?
I have to admit that I do get attracted by beautiful book covers, however, my buying decision mainly depends on the summary of the book.
- Would you say you read a lot and can you stop reading in the middle of a chapter?
I guess I do read a lot! No way. If I stop reading in the middle of a chapter, I won’t be able to get anything else done. I’ll keep on thinking about the half-completed chapter, haha.
- Name your top 5 favourite books?
Well, my top 3 recent favourites would be:
a) My Lady Jane
b) Gone Girl
c) The Unexpected Everything
And, my top 2 all-time favourites would be:
a) The Harry Potter series
b) The Book Thief
- Do you read the book after the movie that’s based on that book is already out? And which is better, the movie or the book?
I usually prefer reading the book before watching the movie. Most of the time, the books are way better than the movies. Although, I did like a few movies better than the book…
- Have you read the whole published The Game of Thrones book series? If yes, how long did it take to finish?
Nope, I haven’t read that series yet.
- Do you have book nights with your friends?
I remember having one last year, it was quite fun. Unfortunately, we don’t have these frequently.
- You could be any book character you wanted…Who would you be and why?
My number one choice would be Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
Some of the reasons why I would be her is because she is:
- Do you think of yourself as a calm, quiet reader or as someone that expresses his feelings loudly when reading the book?
I think I’m more of a calm, quiet reader because I’m not very expressive when it comes to feelings.
- How old were you when you bought your first book and what was the name of it?
To be honest, my parents always tell me that I started reading books at a very young age. I don’t remember the name of my first book…it probably would’ve been some fairytale.
- Any advice for a new blogger?
Firstly, don’t be afraid of the outcome. Don’t think about what other people have to say, always be confident and sure of what you do. Secondly, be consistent. Try to post as regularly as possible. If it’s not easy for you to post every day, you could follow a timetable. That’ll help you keep track of your posts.
Questions for my nominees:
- What’s your favourite book genre?
- Which quote do you live by?
- What would be your dream career?
- If you had a choice, which city would you settle in?
- What’s your favourite TV Show?
- Do you prefer listening to music on speakers or using your headphones?
- Where do you usually shop?
- If you could live in a fictional world, which one would it be?
- How would you rate your cooking skills on a scale of 1-10?
- Who’s your celebrity crush?
- What’s your weirdest habit?
Congrats to all the nominees! I’m looking forward to reading your answers. 🙂
I hope you enjoyed reading my answers!