Hi, everyone! 🙂
Before I start, I would like to thank Ara @Thebookishagenda for tagging me. She posts great book reviews, discussions, and tags. Do visit her blog! 😀
Let’s get started!
- A character’s appearance you misread or imagined differently:
I’ve been racking my brain to think of something because I’m sure there is at least one character that I’ve misjudged in the past.
- A character name you’ve been pronouncing differently:
As a child, I always used to pronounce Hermione Granger as ‘Hermine Granger’ but then I realised that it’s actually pronounced as ‘Her my OH knee- Grain Ger’. Thanks, internet!
- An overused trope that is your guilty pleasure:
Insta-love! Most people hate this overused trope because it’s realistically impossible, and I agree. But, I also find it kind of cute. Insta-love is basically falling in love at first sight.
- A cliched character type you enjoy viewing on screen than reading about:
I’d rather watch a movie or a TV show with a mean girl character instead of reading a book with such a character because I’d probably just skip her part or be disappointed.
- A word/phrase you learned because of its use in a book:
The most uncommon word that I’ve learnt from a Shakespearean play is ‘nincompoop’ which translates to a stupid or foolish person.
- Have you ever not read or completed a required reading for school?
Yes, actually. We were assigned to read Three Men In A Boat, and I stopped reading the moment I finished chapter three. I tried my best to read further, but it was just too boring for me.
- Have you ever skipped or wanted to skip a chapter from the POV of a character you weren’t interested in?
I don’t think I’ve ever done that because it’s important for me to read the story from all the characters’ P.O.V. to understand what the author is trying to communicate. And, you never know when a character is about to drop a big clue.
- Have you ever cancelled social plans to read a book?
Guilty as charged! I’d rather read a good book than going out and not enjoying someone’s company. Now, if I really wanted to go out, then I wouldn’t have even considered the idea of staying home to read a book. 😉
I tag everyone! If in case you decide to do this tag, feel free to let me know in the comments section below. I would love to read your answers! 😀
I hope you enjoyed reading my messed up book moments, haha! 🙂