I know it’s very difficult for us sometimes, to focus on the present moment because of all the bad memories that distract us from it.
We have a choice to remember those memories that deserve a special place in our hearts and to eliminate those memories which make us feel miserable.
Why is presence of mind so important?
Well, for one thing, it is the present that is right in front of you. On the other hand, the past is done with and there’s nothing you can do to change it.
But, don’t let that bring you down because you have a great opportunity to make your future better by focusing on the present. 😀
Some tips on how to avoid being consumed by your past:
- Think about all that you’ve achieved or what you want to achieve. That’ll keep you focused towards the right path.
- You’re a different person now. Sure, we’ve all done something careless in our lives before but we’ve learnt from our mistakes and that’s what matters most.
- Never let people make you think about what you did in the past because ain’t nobody got time for that.
- A walk down memory lane can be fruitful only if it gives you a pleasure of reminiscence.
- Forgive yourself for all the wrong you’ve done and promise yourself to never do something that stupid again.
- Finally, don’t let anyone define you based on your past experiences.
I hope these tips help you overcome your obsession with the past, haha.
Don’t beat yourself up for something you did years ago, it isn’t worth it, trust me. 🙂