Let me start off by saying that I don’t usually prefer eating salads at restaurants because they taste bland. However, when I’m at home, I spice up a plain salad with some flavors to make it more appealing.
- 1 cucumber diced
- 4 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 lettuce chopped
- Tofu/cheese diced (You can put in as much as you want)
- 1 Red Pepper chopped
- Olives (green/black)
- Olive Oil
- A pinch of Salt
- Red Chilli Powder
- Chilli Flakes (optional)
(Yes, I like my food spicy. 😛 )
- Toss all the vegetables in a bowl.
- Add some olive oil and toss them again.
- Add the salt and spices i.e. Red chilli powder, oregano and chilli flakes.
- Finally, add the tofu cubes and don’t toss too much otherwise they’ll break and crumble.
- Voila! Your salad is ready to eat. 😀
Do you prefer restaurant or home-made salads? Let me know in the comments section below. 🙂